UK Tier 1 Investor Visa
You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if you have GBP 1 million or more in investment funds and you can prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner.
Your money can be in the UK or overseas when you apply.
You can apply for a Tier 1 Investor visa if:
- You want to invest GBP $1,000,000 or more in the UK
- You are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- You meet the other eligibility requirements
- You must have access to at least GBP $1,000,000 in investment funds to apply
How long it will take:
- You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.
- You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
- Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.
How long you can stay:
- You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.
- You can apply to extend this visa for another 2 years.
- Invest GBP $1,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies.
- Work or study.
- Apply to settle after 2 years if you invest GBP $10,000,000
- Apply to settle after 3 years if you invest GBP $5,000,000
- Invest in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development
- Work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
- Get public funds